wakey wakey upper east siders. It's Wuhan speaking!

wakey wakey upper east siders. It's Wuhan speaking!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Enthusiastic over the jogging- Day 8

Another day has gone. OIE module started at 9am and the topic that Ms Zhang covered comprises of :-

  • Geography of China

  • Location of China

  • Population of China

  • Name of provinces and main cities
The topics that she covered reminded me of my secondary school days. Yes, geography was the name! The topics she covered was more to general knowledge where everything were common sense. We were given the guidelines for our presentation. We have to do 9 differences and 3 similarities on China and Singapore on what we have experienced so far in a group of three. It was pretty easy as it involved the experiences we had when we first came in China.

Dismissed early by Ms Zhang and most of us went separate ways to have lunch. As there's no other choice, Diyanah and I went to the Muslim food stall to have our usual lunch.

We went straight to class as Project Management started at 1.30pm. Ms Hock taught us new topic and assignment was done in class. I guess it's expected that students dislike homeworks! haha! :/

After class, a few of us felt the urge to jog around the campus. So Mr Chia, Han Hui, Edward, Yu Chuan, Nic,Zhen Zhao, Yi Xian, Brenda, Weilin, Joanna, Eliza, Jiali, Diyanah and I met at 5.30pm at our dormitory's lobby. The rest of the group have a game of badminton. The initial plan was to run around the whole campus, but it turned out that we ran out of campus for about 2.4km. The weather condition was not bad and the whole lot of us jogged slowly and pushed one another so that we won't left behind. It was quite a good jog!

These are the enthusiastic girls + zhen zhao.
While waiting for Brenda and some of  them
familiar to our bukit timah?
Had dinner at Happy Lemon and turned out that the waiting time for the foods to arrive were extremely long. We waited for nearly an hour before the foods arrived.
"A hungry man is an angry man", a wise man quote.

I can't wait for the extreme changes in the climate. The temperature could be as high as 38 degrees during the summer season. But tonight, there was a drastic change in the climate. It was as cold as 20 degrees or less than that. I have to wear thick jacket and luckily i came prepared! I brought gloves along. It was extremely cold and the wind was too harsh. I was too elated when I felt the drastic changes as I wanted to experience Autumn in China! :)
It was caused by the strong wind! Luckily, nothing bad happened after that.
The condition of the street at around 8am. (no more showing of belly)
The trees were swaying at a very fast speed.
Reflection: During the OIE module, I discovered many important points that I have to take note of. Do you know why are there many lakes in Wuhan, Hubei, China?
Ans: It was due to having many lakes that make the rivers existence.

One such example was the Yangtze River.

I felt a sense of satisfaction as my chinese language has improved vastly eversince I came to Wuhan. I'm able to communicate with the locals in Chinese fluently albeit there's some parts where Im unsure of. Luckily, my friends were there to aid me. I've learnt some basic chinese words in the OIE module such as "Hu"= Lake, "Jiang"= River and "Hai"= Sea.

Hubei is actually the nickname of "Nine headed birds" as it meant that Wuhan people are cunning and we have to be ultra wary from them. They may tout the prices as they knew that we are not local people. But in my perception, every parts of the world has the same problem. It's just how we dealt with it.

Can you imagine that the population of China currently about 9.5 billion? The best time to travel to China is when they are experiencing autumn and spring. I have experienced China's summer in Wuhan and i vowed that I don't want to experience it for the second time. The temperature could reached up to 38 degrees celcius in the afternoon! It's hotter than in Singapore. I don't blame the locals males for wearing their shirts halfway and exposing their big, bloated belly button. Due to, the scorching hot weather that everyone dreaded.

I have been in Wuhan for two weeks and I have not seen any subways that bring us to one station to another. To my realize, Wuhan does not have any trains that goes from one station to another. Instead, the trains that Wuhan offered, was that the subway go to other provinces. Last but not least, even though the locals could eat a huge portion of their foods, they exercised everyday and they tend to eat less during dinner.

 "As there's a saying, "Enjoy your breakfast with a hearty meal, and eat at a minimum portion for dinner." 

No comments: