wakey wakey upper east siders. It's Wuhan speaking!

wakey wakey upper east siders. It's Wuhan speaking!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

When I'm being amused by Wuhan Amusement Park- Day 20




It was a tough moment for Eliza, Edward, Yu Chuan and Nicholas. They were trying their utmost best to persuade me to go the Amusement Park. I was reluctant to go to the amusement park as we were having test the next morning and i have blogging to finish it up. On the other part, it's a loss for me as I will be missing a lot of fun!

After much persuasion, I told them to persuade my roommates too. After a full few hours of convincing, three of us went along with the idea and everyone has to meet at 9am at the hostel lobby. Met up with the local students- Yang Tao and Sheng Ping. The 45 minutes bus ride made me to be heavy-eyed but no way I'm going to sleep in the crowded bus!

As it was a long holiday, many families brought their children to the amusement park to let their hair The minute I alighted the bus, I could see the international luxurious brands. "Finally!" I whispered softly and my dearest friends warned me not to buy anything. Gosh, how i miss Europe and Singapore!

It was a long walk to the amusement park and I can sense the adrenaline rushing when I saw the tremendous rides. 

under the hot sun, ice cream is the best solution
local ice cream! yum yum!
entertainment by the locals
i wonder what does it symbolize?
the mini monorail
Without dilly-dallying, we went to experience our first ride! Tried experiencing another ride and that's it for me. The last ride was not bad afterall but due to its circular motion, I could feel that my stomach was churning badly. The rest of them excluding me, Jiali, Michelle, Zhen Zhao and Joanna continued experiencing the other rides.
my roommates plus jonehna! 
representatives from Group C
Representatives from Group E
Eudora can really doze off under the hot sun. Tiring day for all of us too!
As it was getting late and we have test the very next day, we went to Wuhan International Plaza to have our late/early lunch/ dinner. Want to have a taste of Singapore food? Come over to Wuhan International Plaza, 7th storey where you can experience various Singapore foods (well not exactly the same taste but manageable). Subsequently, took public bus back to our hostel and revised for the upcoming test.

Waiting for the lift to have our early dinner or late lunch?  

the place where all of us tried the local Singapore foods!
My roommates and I took turn to have our shower. To think about it, it's hilarious that three of us have the same study method. We have to doze for an hour or so before revising for our test. Three of us mugged till 1am and went to bed since no one can hold the power of closing eyes.

Diyanah on her own bed mugging for the test the next day!

took a 5 minutes break before continuing to mug on my PM!

Personal Reflection: Frankly, I was apprehensive on the safety of the various thrilling rides the amusement park offered. When comes to think of it, every country would want to minimize the risk of injury or death occured. So I believed that every country or every province's places of attractions will take extra care when comes to safety. I was proven right! Albeit the rides were not as thrilling enough as Universal Studios in Singapore, all of the rides managed to put a smile on our face.

While waiting for my other friends, I grasped that there were numerous beggars asking for money from one place to another. It could be a syndicate and if I started to give one person, the whole lot of them will come towards me. Looking at the beggars, I became conscious that they were very pitiful and they earned their living by begging.

Back in Singapore, we could hardly see people's begging in the streets and and they have to be extra wary if there was any policeman. But for China, we could see lots of old beggars and even so, the police did not care that much.

I'm proud that I could find Singapore foods in an eatery although the taste were different but they managed to pull it off. When I happened to see Laksa, Roti Prata, local vegetables and more, I realised how much I miss home and Singapore so much.

N.E message: Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong.
There's no place I'd rather be,

Singapore will always be a part of me

And even thought I've roamed the world
It's still my home I long to see

This chorus of a national day song reminded me that Singapore is where my home is and no other country can replace my heart. Singapore will and forever be one and only homeland where I truly belong.

No comments: